'Preparing for the Fourth Trimester' -
A community education program for pregnant and postpartum mothers.
This intensive workshop covers the 5 main principles of postpartum, and is designed by Innate Traditions Postpartum Care.
Preparing for the Fourth Trimester is an in-person education workshop designed for women and their families with time-tested postpartum wisdom interwoven with modern science, to support women’s long-term health and vitality.
This is a specific course designed for pregnant couples, with an emphasis on why planning for the postpartum time is fundamental for the health of mothers, their families and communities.
It will go above and beyond what the current narrative is around this time and what it represents.
We will bring a deeper awareness to why it’s so important, touching on the emotional, psychological and fundamental requirements to create a deeper experience of healing, wellness and support. INNATE’s Community Education Series focuses on an in-depth teaching of the 5 Essentials of Postpartum Care. These 5 Essentials of Postpartum Care are found throughout the world’s ancient postpartum traditions AND are deeply rooted in women’s physiologic and psychologic needs postpartum.
These 5 Essentials of Mother-Centered Postpartum Care for Family Wellness are:
· An extended resting period. An extended resting period in the postpartum time, safeguards women’s long-term pelvic health and hormonal health.
· Warm in temperature, warm in nature, easy to digest, nutrient dense food. As women, we grow humans inside our bodies through gestation and outside our bodies through lactation. Eating the right foods helps us to grow life without depleting ourselves.
· Bodywork. Because we are resting in the postpartum time, it is bodywork that facilitates healing through the movement of blood and lymph. Bodywork elicits our relaxation response, allows our nervous system to down-regulate and boosts our immunity. Bodywork gives to Mothers so that Mothers can give freely to their babies.
· Warmth. In birth and the postpartum period, we lose a large amount of blood. Mothers are babies primary heaters until they can regulate their own temperature. Warmth in the postpartum time facilitates healing.
· Community. The above 4 essentials of postpartum care are PILLARS, and these pillars require a strong foundation. This foundation in the postpartum time is COMMUNITY. Community means: people that Mother feels good and safe with. Feeling safe & loved regulates the nervous system, which allows the body‘s energy in the postpartum time to go into HEALING, bonding and attachment.
The first 4-classes of INNATE’s Community Education series happen PRENATALLY. Information/education about postpartum physiology and psychology is shared, and each family is supported to develop a postpartum plan that meets their unique needs.
The 5th and final class of INNATE’s Community Education series happens in the postpartum period. The families that participated together in the first four classes meet again, once everyone is at-least 6-weeks postpartum. The purpose of this final class is for MOTHERS and Fathers to be WITNESSED and CELEBRATED by this community.
In this way, we bring honor and a layer of completion to our rites of passage into Motherhood and Fatherhood.
Delivered as x2 one-day intensives.
Dates coming soon.
Register interest here.